About this EventAdd to calendar
Connect with representatives from companies, graduate/professional programs, and volunteer organizations excited to recruit MU Health Professions and Nursing students! Students in other academic programs are also welcome to attend.
Our fair is for undergraduate (all class levels), graduate, and professional students that are seeking a full-time job, internship, part-time experience, or volunteer opportunity in healthcare. A career fair is an opportunity for you to present yourself professionally in person to a potential employer, while showcasing your communication skills. To view our career fair video and additional fair information, please visit here.
The keys to a successful job fair experience are preparation and follow up. Here is a checklist to help you get prepared!
- Research the list of participating employers through Handshake by filtering your search by job type (job, internship, grad school), employment type (full/part-time), year in college, and major.
- Wear professional business attire. You will be asked to leave and change if clothing is not business attire.
- Health Professions students: Get your resume reviewed by making an appointment with SHP Career Services through MUConnect - no walk-ins, please (Note: we are not taking appointments the day before the career fair to prepare). Students outside of SHP can visit the MU Career Center for resume help.
- Prepare your 30 second recruiter introduction sharing your name, school, and major, opportunities you seek, relevant experience, knowledge of the company, and something that makes you stand out.
- Make sure you have a padfolio, pen to take notes, and copies of your resume
- Don't forget to ask for recruiter business cards at the fair so you can follow up with thank-you notes
*This is a walk-in event. Pre-registration is not needed.